Superhero Comic Con Code of Conduct
PMX Events, LLC (“Management”) mission is to create a fun, safe, comfortable, and enjoyable Superhero Comic Con (“Event”) for all attendees. Purchase of admission to the Event is your acceptance of the Code of Conduct stated herein. All policies are subject to change by Management without notice.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Event staff immediately. Event staff can be identified as wearing Event t-shirts and staff lanyard and badge. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Management, Celebrity Talent, Vendors, Sponsors, Volunteers and Attendees are all subject to this anti-harassment policy. Attendees asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately or they can be removed from the Event with no refund and referred to on-site law enforcement.
Event Management welcomes cosplay costumes. All costumes must conform to the following:
- All attendees and those wearing a costume must agree to be checked by security and have their costume inspected.
- All costumes must comply with local laws.
- Superhero Comic Con is a family friendly event. Cosplay items that are deemed vulgar, including nudity and body paint/sheer material in lieu of clothing are not permitted.
- No bare feet is permitted.
- No sharp protrusions or spikes on any attendee is permitted.
- Please keep your costume from extending more than six inches (6”) from your body in any direction. There can be exceptions if the item is collapsible or retractable (i.e. a tail).
- No real firearms, knives or swords are permitted at the Event.
- Any replica firearm or weapon props must look harmless to the average attendee (essentially, they should not look realistic or threatening).
- Replica swords which are part of a costume must be tied to your costume in such a way that they cannot be drawn, unsheathed, or pointed at any attendee. Security will zip-tie swords to their sheaths to ensure that they cannot be drawn.
- No projectiles, laser pointers, or high-intensity lights (that can hurt eyes) are allowed.
No food or beverages (including alcohol) may be brought into the Event. Bag checks may be performed at various entry locations. Wanding and metal detectors will be used at some Event locations for security purposes. No pets (excluding service animals) are allowed. No smoking, vaping, or use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited throughout the Event. Absolutely no weapons are allowed. Only active on-duty police officers may carry firearms within the Event. All other persons are strictly prohibited from carrying a firearm regardless of license or status. Replica swords that are sold at vendor booths or brought into the Event by attendees for autographs must receive an approved sticker by security and always remain in a box with a blunt tip on the end.
Filming, Recording & Photography
Attendees acknowledge that they will and consent to be filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded as a condition of attendance of the Event. By entering the Event premises, each Attendee relinquishes any reasonable expectation of privacy and grants PMX Events, LLC an irrevocable, royalty and attribution-free right to use, publish and otherwise exploit any photograph, motion picture, image, recording, or any other record of attendance during the Event, in whole or in part, in perpetuity for any promotional or other commercial purpose. Attendees are not allowed to take a photo or video recording with any device in the autograph or photo op areas. Non-commercial photography and filming for personal use, including social media, is only allowed in non-prohibited areas and when it is not disruptive to the Event or other attendees. Professional photography, video recording, and drone photography are not allowed anywhere on or around the premises of the Freeman Coliseum Expo Hall during the show unless approved in writing by PMX Events. Only a registered member of the press who has received proper credentials issued by PMX Events in advance of the event are allowed to take photographs or video recordings. No zoom lens attachments on any camera type are allowed.